Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cottage in the Woods - Lucky!


Today I found a link to an article that described people who created their dream home offices. Unfortunately, when I finished the article I didn't have any ideas of how I could make my own work spaces more motivating and pleasant. Instead, I was left with feelings of envy and longing! The article described a woman who wanted a quiet place to write and let the creative juices flow (don't we all). She spent $15,000 building her dream "writer's cottage" in the wood in Connecticut. Her cottage is to-die-for and I desperately want one! Unfortunately, I don't forsee us setting aside that kind of money for my own cottage, much less finding a patch of lush, thick woods in our backyard. Maybe some day...

4 comments:

Annie said...

yikes, I dont know about that whole "cottage" thing. You never know what kind of back-woods neighbors you might have and in the end you might find yourself in some kind of horror movie!

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

hey girl!! how is life? glad i could find you on here.. i am am trying out this blogging thing!!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Hello stranger! If we don't get together soon, I'll just have to be looking out for you at Forever 21 again!! jk I have to agree with Annie on the cottage thing, it reminds me of that movie Secret Window..."I gotta finish my story"!! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Heath said...

I don't know if you ever found a chain but I'm having Kim over this Wed. (I don't know your YW night hope it's not Wed.) She has the cute NEW ones that she didn't even have 3 weeks ago. I was at her house on Fri. and went into her boutique! WOW! I could have dropped some cash right there. If you DO have YW you can come early. She comes at 6pm to start set up and told me to tell others that it's fine to come early if it fits their schedule better. Look at my blog for more details.