Saturday, March 07, 2009

Dogs CAN Get Offended


Pita, our four year old Golden Lab, is very sensitive and loving. When she feels rejected, her feelings get crushed. This is a picture of her being offended by me last Saturday night. Seriously, this happens everytime we let her hang out with us in the house, but this time I had my camera handy. So, I was sitting on the couch working on my lesson for Laurels class on Sunday. Pita kept laying her face across my laptop keyboard so I would stop typing and pet her. I pushed her away so many times I lost my patience and yelled at her to lay down on her dog bed. As ALWAYS, she laid down, tucked in her tail, turned her back on me, and did these noisy sighs, and huffs and puffs until I went and petted her as an apology. Bret likes to describe her as his clingy teenage girlfriend, because that is seriously how she acts with us!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

You guys are so mean!!!! We will take your dog! :)

Annie said...

haha!! That is hilarious! Our dogs should meet so that they can throw fits together. Our dog Maya does the same thing. Sometimes we get sick of her and say "Maya, your grouded", then she goes and lays in her bed and sulks for about 10 minutes and then she is right back to annoying us again! Gotta love 'em, though.

P.S. said...

I will take Pita any day you need a break...seriously! Deb won't let me get a dog and I want one big time.
Next Newton vacation I call dibs on being your dog sitter!!!